Repair before replace!
Most stone chips can be repaired at a fraction of the cost compared to replacing a windscreen, using the Esprit Windscreen Repair System.
Why should I repair my windscreen?
- A stone chip is a weakness in a windscreen. Over time, it is more likely that a crack could develop from the stone chip. This could result in the windscreen needing to be replaced.
- It takes less time to repair a windscreen.
- Repairing a stone chip is cheaper than replacing the windscreen.
- Left untreated a stone chip may result in an MOT failure.
How is a windscreen repair achieved?
A repair works by injecting a clear acrylic resin into the area of the damaged glass and once cured, it will restore both the windscreen strength and the optical performance of the damaged area of the glass.
How can I determine if my windscreen can be repaired?
With regards to windscreen repairs, a windscreen can be dividend up into four distinct zones. Within accordance to the British Standard (BS AU 242a:1998), each of these four zones have a maximum size that the stone chip can be in order for a repair to be possible.
- A Zone – Damage can be up to 1 cm in size
- B Zone – Damage can be up to 1.5 cm in size
- C Zone – Damage can be up to 2.5 cm in size
- D Zone – Damage can be up to 4 cm in size – As long as the damaged area is not within 3 cm of the outside edge of your windscreen
So, is it expensive to repair a windscreen?
Typically, the cost of a windscreen repair starts at £30 for the first repair. However, did you know that windscreen repairs are usually covered by your vehicle insurance, subject to your policy including glass cover. Please check your insurance policy and any excesses it might have.
Ask us about our ‘Insurance Direct Billing’ facility.
How long does a repair take?
Usually, a repair with take around 20 minutes, including curing time.
Don’t forgot that we are a fully mobile service, so why not ask us to perform the repair, at your convenience, whether this be at work or home.
Still not sure if your windscreen can be repaired?
Please contact us because we are here to help you.